"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Greetings from the eye of the hurricane
Posted by Jill | 5:17 AM
Hello, friends, readers, and casual observers. Just thought I'd pop in with an update and break up the parade of horrors with some pure blubby goodness.

Things have been quiet here at Casa la Brilliant for the last two weeks. This is all about to change starting this Friday, when we go to the first of two Second Opinions from Big-Shot Doctors in New York. I already have a pretty good idea of what lies ahead; I am not sure if Mr. B. does. But there are definitely some strong destructive winds coming in our lives.

No one things about illness until it hits our own families. Everyone things "It won't happen to me." We go through our lives blind, reading stories about people who were left destitute from medical expenses and think it only happens to others. We are fortunate. I have a job with good health insurance, though how long I'll be allowed unpredictable flex time remains to be seen, though it is available. Thanks to my mother's passing in December, there are resources to hire help should we need it, which is NOT covered by insurance. (Thanks, Mom!) So we should be OK. But here in the so-called Greatest Health Care System in the World, there are people like us who now have no idea what they're going to do.

I know that there will be days ahead when once again, I will be sitting in my car, screaming and feeling utterly bereft and wondering how I am going to get through this. But when I do, I know who I'm going to think about to inspire me to put one foot in front of the other and move along. If you are one of the perhaps eight people on the face of the earth who don't know about Xena the Warrior Puppy yet, you will now:



Warrior indeed. If you are on Facebook, you can read more about Xena and Jonny here.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger jurassicpork said...
So, how'd it go yesterday, Jill?