"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Top 10 George Zimmerman Excuses for Speeding
     Earlier today, George Zimmerman, the Sanford, Florida man found not guilty in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin two and a half weeks ago, was pulled over in North Texas for speeding. In the Ford pickup he was driving was a gun. When asked by Texas law enforcement officers where he was going in such a hurry, Zimmerman reportedly replied, "Nowhere in particular" then asked the deputy if he recognized him from television. Zimmerman was eventually sent on his way with just a verbal warning. But that was just the first thing Mr. Zimmerman said to the officers when asked where he was going. What were the others?


  • 1) "I'm chasing after a black pedestrian and I'm in fear of my life."
  • 2) "I got a report a Dunkin' Donuts in Forney was on fire. I'm surprised you're not already there."
  • 3) "Damn Google maps. Can you tell me where Pulaski, Tennessee is?"
  • 4) "Seriously, you don't recognize me? OK, imagine me 200 pounds lighter and wearing orange. That ring a bell, now?"
  • 5) "How do you like my new bumper sticker? It reads, I Shot Your Honor Roll Student."
  • 6) "You better let me go now or Commissioner Gordon will hear about this."
  • 7) "What's with the gun? I'm a takeout delivery driver for Smith and Wesson and I'm on my way to Ted Nugent's house."
  • 8) "I'm making a home video version of The Hitcher."
  • 9) "A verbal warning? Wow, thanks! I guess assholes really do get away!"
  • 10) "You're Jewish, aren't you?"
  • Bookmark and Share
    1 Comments:
    Anonymous The Editors said...
    Damn, that was funny! President Stein must be roaring with laughter.