"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, August 02, 2013

It's Friday I'm In Love
Posted by Tata | 9:22 PM
Just about two months ago, Pete and I adopted a blind kitten. We had little idea what we were in for. I expected to spend a great deal of time coaxing the kitten into doing catlike things, but no. Eyesight or no eyesight, cats do cat things. The kitten chases and catches flies in the house. I taught her how to find a window sill where she can listen to birds and squirrels. One day, I came home from work and she'd found the cat boxes in the attic - and the attic - all on her own. She leaps. She runs. She loves scampering after ping pong balls.
Apparently, blind cats are cats. If you like cats, but hesitate to adopt a special needs pet, please consider adopting a blind cat. Ours is big fun and fun is good. This has been a public service message on behalf of fun-needing you.
Bookmark and Share