"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, March 22, 2013

Yup, still here
Posted by Jill | 5:51 AM
So here's a list of things I wanted to write about in the last few weeks but couldn't get it together to do:
  • Musings on the end of the Iraq war
  • The uselessness of Harry Reid
  • Lena Dunham, women's weight and the politics of rape
  • A review of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and what it says about aging

Might have been good stuff, but I just have too much crap going on to write them. I really hope to be back soon, because writing is the one thing that makes me feel I'm contributing anything at all to society, however meager it is, and without that I'm just another hamster on a treadmill.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Jimbo said...
Yes, but a witty hamster. And, yes, Reid is a sad pathetic excuse for a Democratic Senate Majority Leader. He's McConnell's reliable bitch and a poor manager of (potential) voting coalitions despite the cynical obstruction of the Goopers.

Anonymous Athenawise said...
Jill, as a writer, I understand. Now, regarding those topics you were going to write about: I really want to know what you think about The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and aging.

I probably should get a life.

Blogger O’Hollern said...
I'll take "the uselessness of Harry Reid" for two hundred, Alex.