"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, October 11, 2012

Just checking in....
Posted by Jill | 5:57 PM
Sorry I've been AWOL, and thanks to all my intrepid colleagues for filling in during my absence. I'm still on killer deadline at work, and my mother became quite ill two weeks ago and I have been in lovely Chapel Hill, NC, working remotely on The Project That Ate My Life and helping my sister with the logistics of getting Mom into an assisted living facility. Mom is making what looks like a miraculous recovery after scaring us all half to death, and I'll be headed home Saturday. Mr. Brilliant continues to hold down the home fort, dealing with Maggie the hyperthyroid kitty and her once-again-nonexistent appetite, so what with one thing and another, these are Anxious Times among the B@B set. The one good thing about all this is that I haven't been paying much attention to Things Political. I could get used to this, except I do it at my peril. Talk to y'all soon.
Bookmark and Share