"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, October 04, 2012

I was so angry today
Posted by Bob | 11:50 PM
I couldn't understand why President Obama was so off his game last night. Then, around 1 am, listening to BBC World Service, the Turkey-Syria border crisis was big, big news. The Turkish Parliament had even authorized its military to enter Syria. I realized President Obama had cleared his calendar Wednesday to deal with that - it is a very serious national security & NATO problem, was dealing with it right up to the time he entered the building for the debate. Unfortunately, the debate was not about foreign policy, so the Commander-in-Chief & "Leader of the free world" could not give a little "what I was doing today & will be doing the moment I leave here" talk. No wonder he looked distracted. He was stopping a war from breaking out in the most volatile region on the planet. The weenie on the other side of the stage receives national security briefings. He knew what was happening. But he didn't have to worry about it.

It's no excuse. Judging from the lack of spin, President Obama ordered his people not to use it as an excuse. That would be like him. He knew what he was there to do. It wasn't to say, "Sorry folks, I was busy being President all day." Americans hardly believe there's a world outside America, & our TV news media is terrible at reporting international news, almost totally ignores it. Next debate, let's get back to that "3 am phone call" theme.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger Leslie Parsley said...
I'm angry as well. F#*k the frigging fickle Democrats and all the political pundits. Thanks for this.