"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, December 29, 2011

Or what, the state GOP will send a large man to break their kneecaps?
Posted by Jill | 6:00 PM
Why on earth would anyone support a political party that does this:
RICHMOND, Va. --
The state Republican Party will require voters to sign a loyalty oath in order to participate in the March 6 presidential primary.

Anyone who wants to vote must sign a form at the polling place pledging to support the eventual Republican nominee for president. Anyone who refuses to sign the pledge will be barred from voting.

[snip]

Signs for polling places and the pledge form will advise voters that “Section 24.2-545 of the Code of Virginia allows the political party holding a primary to determine requirements for voting in the primary, including ‘the signing of a pledge by the voter of his intention to support the party’s candidate when offering to vote in the primary.’ ”

The pledge will require the voter to sign and to print his name beneath a line that says: “I, the undersigned, pledge that I intend to support the nominee of the Republican Party for president.”

I don't understand why there are still Republican dead-enders who cite Communism and the Soviet Union all the time. It seems to me that they LOVE the Stalinist tactics of their old so-called enemy.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Phil said...
The second after some moron tells me I have to sign a loyalty oath to vote is going to be the second whether I want to punch them in the throat or square in the mouth.

Blogger D. said...
It's because they know they can't earn loyalty the old-fashioned way.

Blogger casey said...
Hello Jill,

Another sign of the "nutpocalypse". I hope that the turnout is gigantic. It goes to show how destructive our phony election system currently operates.