"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, December 29, 2011

Or what, the state GOP will send a large man to break their kneecaps?
Posted by Jill | 6:00 PM
Why on earth would anyone support a political party that does this:
The state Republican Party will require voters to sign a loyalty oath in order to participate in the March 6 presidential primary.

Anyone who wants to vote must sign a form at the polling place pledging to support the eventual Republican nominee for president. Anyone who refuses to sign the pledge will be barred from voting.


Signs for polling places and the pledge form will advise voters that “Section 24.2-545 of the Code of Virginia allows the political party holding a primary to determine requirements for voting in the primary, including ‘the signing of a pledge by the voter of his intention to support the party’s candidate when offering to vote in the primary.’ ”

The pledge will require the voter to sign and to print his name beneath a line that says: “I, the undersigned, pledge that I intend to support the nominee of the Republican Party for president.”

I don't understand why there are still Republican dead-enders who cite Communism and the Soviet Union all the time. It seems to me that they LOVE the Stalinist tactics of their old so-called enemy.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
Blogger Bustednuckles said...
The second after some moron tells me I have to sign a loyalty oath to vote is going to be the second whether I want to punch them in the throat or square in the mouth.

Blogger D. said...
It's because they know they can't earn loyalty the old-fashioned way.

Blogger casey said...
Hello Jill,

Another sign of the "nutpocalypse". I hope that the turnout is gigantic. It goes to show how destructive our phony election system currently operates.