"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, December 25, 2011

Sayeth the Lord: "Because day after day after day, all you do is mutsche me."
Posted by Jill | 7:35 AM
If God himself was behind the Denver Bronco's recent run, then He sent Tim Tebow a little message about humility yesterday.

Merry War On Christmas, everyone.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
5 Comments:
Blogger Ahab said...
Merry Christmas (or War on Christmas, if you prefer). Thanks for all the fun and informative stuff you post on your blog.

Anonymous The Wifely Person said...
Do you mean "mutcher" as in "mutchering" as in what your mother says when you're hocking your brother into insensibility? You know, "Stop mutchering him now....or I'll tell your father?"

Just wonderin'

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I missed the latest Tim Tebow embarrassment.

I was shocked there's a football game today. I thought about all of those people who have to work today now -- I'm thinking the concessions workers, the parking lot attendants, the clean-up crews. After all of these teeth gnashing and hair-pulling over a holiday -- IT'S MERRY CHRISTMAS DAMMIT! NOT HAPPY HOIDAYS!! -- they make all of these people work to satisfy the amusement of people who like football. I mean, these are not emergency room personnel or firemen or police, working for the public good. This is thousands of people working because we want to watch a football game.

And here we thought Christmas was supposed to be the holiest of holy days, and we were supposed to PUT THE CHRIST BACK IN IT!

I find it all very amusing, in a funny-sad kind of way.

Blogger Nan said...
Happy holidays.

As for Tebow, I've always been baffled by people who'd want a God who was so petty he or she cared about who won a football game.

Anonymous BNJ said...
I personally find Tebow's public displays annoying, but to his credit, he has always explicitly rejected the notion that God cared who wins the game. It's not uncommon for players in general to give credit for a victory to God, but it's something that Tebow has, so far, scrupulously avoided, even going so far as to remind some overly religious fans that "it's just a game."