"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, October 24, 2011

Rick Perry is starting to make George W. Bush look like Stephen Hawking by comparison
Posted by Jill | 5:57 AM
Just when you thought Rick Perry couldn't seem any dumber, he comes up with this gem in PARADE, the throwaway rag chock full of ads for cheap slippers and "Amish-made" electric heater enclosers that comes with your Sunday newspaper:

Governor, do you believe that President Barack Obama was born in the United States?
I have no reason to think otherwise.

That’s not a definitive, “Yes, I believe he”—
Well, I don’t have a definitive answer, because he’s never seen my birth certificate.

But you’ve seen his.
I don’t know. Have I?

You don’t believe what’s been released?
I don’t know. I had dinner with Donald Trump the other night.

And?That came up.

And he said?
He doesn’t think it’s real.

And you said?I don’t have any idea. It doesn’t matter. He’s the President of the United States. He’s elected. It’s a distractive issue.


Now I know that PARADE is hardly the reading of people with significant amounts of gray matter in their crania, and I know that it's taken seriously by exactly the kind of people who buy reverse mortgages from Fred Thompson on late-night TV, but for Lynn Sherr, who used to be an actual journalist, to bring up the birther issue is even more beyond the pale than for Rick Perry to leave the door open. I mean seriously, is he afraid he might lose the Orly Taitz vote?

Oh wait....never mind.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
7 Comments:
Anonymous The Wifely Person said...
I must be living in some kind of Twilight Zone time warp other dimension. That conversation could not possibly have taken place. I just fished PARADE outta the recycle bucket just to be sure.

New Zealand is beginning to look really good.

Anonymous the wifely person said...
amendment to original comment: the batshit section isn't in the print edition of that highly regardly piece of newsprint. It's in the online version of the rag. Or at least that's how it's set up here on the Tundra.

Regardless. It's batshit crazy stuff, but no crazier than calling a statewide rally for a rain prayer.

IMHO

Anonymous BNJ said...
>...Perry is starting to make George W. Bush look like Stephen Hawking...

That'd be cool if Bush talked in one of those robot voices.

Blogger Carolyn said...
Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading this blog very much.

AND... I am eating breakfast - ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Man, every day, these people slide even further and further down the Dumbness Scale than I would have ever expected.

The idea of these people taking over the country....THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

Blogger Leslie Parsley said...
"Well, I don’t have a definitive answer, because he’s never seen my birth certificate."

Say what?

Blogger Phil said...
oh yeah, he is a walking taking turd on the side of the road.

The local fishwrap says he just hired a bunch of Republican trouble shooters from campaigns gone by, clear back to Reagan.

I hope the ignorant fuck has some deep pockets, he is going to need them.

Romney is it and I saw that a month ago.

Even that punkass Douthat got spread across every Paper in the country saying so.