"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, June 12, 2011

News You Can Use
Posted by Jill | 5:48 AM
Welcome to our nightmare:

There's a reason why Donald Trump and Sarah Palin got together; they're both grifters.

If this is what good Christians do when they run for office, I'm remaining a pagan.

Can we stop pretending that Tim Pawlenty is somehow a reasonable conservative now?

Who's palling around with terrorists now?

If you weren't already aware of it, please read what the Weiner scandal is REALLY all about -- and pass it on.

And finally, because we are a society that only cares about entertainment, some good, or at least interesting news: A new version of I, Claudius. How fitting for our times, and an opening for a summer of fun talking about casting. I've got Helen Mirren earmarked as Livia. No one jumps out at me for the lead, except perhaps Toby Jones.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Blogger jurassicpork said...
I heard Palin and Trump both quit and left the pizzeria before the check arrived.

Anonymous BNJ said...
There are 3 questions about Weinergate I don't understand.

1. How did Clarence Thomas coerce Weiner into Tweeting his dick?

2. Why is no one other than Weiner capable of pointing out Thomas's conflict of interest?

3. Why are Pelosi and Hoyer and Wasserman Schultz all too blind to see the *real* truth?

Other than that, the theory makes perfect sense.