"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, February 07, 2008

This is what a finely tuned tin ear sounds like: The Sequel
Posted by Jill | 1:54 PM
On a day in which most bloggers are asking our readers to donate to help those who lost everything in Tuesday night's storms, He Who Must Not Be Named is asking you to giv HIM some turkee:

Blogging Is Hard Work

Sort of anyway. It does take a lot of time. One time consuming part of the "job" which I left off the original fundraising post is dealing with the community. While the comments section has largely become a world in and of itself, it still takes up quite a bit of my time. People regularly question whether I read the comments, and the answer is that I do read most of them. I don't get up in the morning and see what I missed overnight, but generally throughout the day I keep track of what's being said.

While I don't do active moderation, I do try to gently nudge things one way or another at times and of course there are posts which need to be zapped fairly frequently, which I do if I see them. And when the kids squabble people sometimes email Dad to step in to stop the fighting.

But, admittedly, mostly I read the comments because they're fun, informative, and entertaining. Commenters provide a check on me when I write something stupid, and of course provide me with lots of material which I liberally borrow and steal. While it's an incredibly time consuming part of what I do, it's also the most rewarding. If not for comments I would've gotten bored with this blogging stuff a long time ago. Not really sure why bloggers without comments bother.

Thanks to all who have contributed to FEBRUARY FUNTASTIC FUNDRAISING so far. People have been very generous. The soft push will continue until my birthday, when there will be cake, and then the begging bowl will go back into hibernation for a long time. Haven't yet taken in as much as Obama has, but it's not over yet!


As for OUR readers HERE?

You know what to do.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
You should lay off! Hey, you try typing "Open Thread" 3 or 4 times a day and then tell me how easy it is.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
He wants to be a kept blogger?