"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, February 07, 2008

Kate Harding Watch for Thursday, February 7, or Ah, fuck it, just go read what she said
Posted by Jill | 4:52 PM
This morning I was going to write about this article in the New York Times, complete with appalling photo, about how the new ideal for male models is, sort of the way it's been for females for the last two decades, the body of a 12-year-old boy -- only without the huge pneumatic fake tits that female models seem to have to have to go with their emaciated bodies. But I overslept (till =tokke= 5:50 AM!) and wanted to make sure to repost Monkeyfister's release about where to donate to help those affected by Tuesday night's storms and still have time for yoga before heading off to work (because unlike He Who Must Not Be Named, I work a job where I have to be someplace that is not home between 9 and 5).

But there's no point, because Kate has already said everything that needs to be said about it.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger jurassicpork said...
Well, thank God we've reached a point of parity where young male models can, too, vomit in toilets to make a certain weight.