"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Share your Super Tuesday stories here
Posted by Jill | 10:49 AM
There was less turnout at my polling place this morning for this primary than there usually is for even school elections. Of course, my town is so Republican that the Republicans in charge never even have any opposition, so it's indicative of nothing.

What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
7 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
My town is as Democratic as yours is Republican. There was no line for the GOP. I voted for John McCain. I lol'd.

Blogger Unknown said...
Also, Hillary Clinton will not leave me alone. She's called me 3 times already this morning.

Blogger DBK said...
Actually, it is indicative of something. It is in line with turnout in earlier primaries. The Republican voters seem disinterested and the Democratic turnout has been large.

I'll be voting in a couple of hours and I'll ask the poll workers about turnout, but I won't be able to report anything because I am then heading to the airport and out of town.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Knox County is having a blow out election...hell the republican cronyism is so bad that it is displayed in yesterday's NY Times. Hubby just went by our polling place and the line was out the door. Knox County leads the state in early voting. The high amount of voters isn't necessarily because of the presidential race, we have local and county races going on too.

I was smart, I early voted here (before Edwards dropped out, though), which is why I think it was a really stupid move on his part to drop out before Super Tuesday.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
We seemed to have higher than usual turn out. When I went out to vote early this morning, there was a line.

I may have been the only Democrat, though, it is the hills of northwest Georgia.

Blogger Unknown said...
In my county (according to the local news), people have been calling the registrar of voters to ask why the polls are closed.

Uh, it's Virginia, folks. Our primary is next week. :-)

Blogger jurassicpork said...
Here in Massachusetts, we're still using paper ballots, praised be God.

All the candidates who ever threw their hats in the ring were on the Democratic ballot. Same with the Republicans.

I was never exit polled, which is interesting.

The most exciting thing I did at the polling place was buying a sausage sub at the bake sale.

Never vote while you're hungry.