"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, October 01, 2011

Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
Posted by Jill | 8:02 PM
I'm sorry, but when my good friend DCap chooses his 10 Greatest Instrumentals and doesn't include Green Onions by Booker T. and the MGs, I shall have to ask him to step outside!



Or, if you prefer to travel forward in time from then:



Or the late, great, criminally underrated Roy Buchanan:

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Blogger BadTux said...
Or when you leave out Kaki King, who got annointed one of the 100 top guitar gods of the past forty years by Rolling Stone Magazine based on her instrumentals...

Playing With Pink Noise
Can anybody who has heard this music be a bad person?
Gay sons of lesbian mothers

Sort of Michael Hedges, except alive. Though she's moved away from the instrumental stuff on her last two albums, where she actually sings on most of the songs -- I guess she took it to the point she got bored, and decided to do something else.

- Badtux the Music Penguin

Blogger Distributorcap said...
i hang my head in shame