"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, July 28, 2011

You can never post this enough times
Posted by Jill | 9:02 AM
Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Blogger casey said...
Hello Jill,

I agree with you about this video. I could watch this many times in a row. My response to this video "we are so screwed!"

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Spot-on.

My Swiss-born and -educated Dad said the thing that bothered him about American higher education (besides it's being obscenely expensive--his was free in Switzerland)was that it was really "glorified vocational training."

In other words, it was just enough to make one able to perform competently in the "specialty" one slotted oneself into, but not enough to make one a well-rounded and critical thinker. And as one who went through one of our systems of higher education, I'd have to agree.

But I'd also have to say, that in the Land of Free Speech, thinking outside the accepted reality gets you called "weird," "Un-American," and "not one of us."