"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A public service announcement
Posted by Jill | 7:44 AM
I'm 56 years old, and I have an appointment on Friday for my annual skin check, because melanoma is not something I want to have to deal with. Whether you are 16 or 56 or 76, please don't mess around with sun exposure. If something on your skin doesn't look right, have it checked out. And if you've ever had a blistering sunburn, make an appointment like the one I have on Friday. Your future grandchildren will thank you.


Labels:

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger dianedp said...
I'm 56 years old and I have my appt. next week.
Seriously.

I have had 6 basal cell skin cancers removed from my back and one on my face.
My risk of melanoma is higher because of all the basal cells

Please everyone get checked out by a dermatologist.
Many family practitioners do not know a lot about skin cancers.
I was lucky mine did