"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, July 31, 2011

Around the Blogroll and Elsewhere: Special What Democratic Party? Edition
Posted by Jill | 7:28 PM
If you haven't bookmarked Krugman's blog, it's time.

Sorry Tom, it's over.

The New York Crank has some good suggestions on what to cut first.

Bruce Schmiechen: Centrism in extremis: how serious people" handed the hostage-takers their weapons.

What Bustednuckles said.

Chris Floyd: If the Republic Had Not Died A Long Time Ago, This Would Indeed Be the Death of the Republic

DCap is about as dispirited as I am.

At least there's SOMETHING to celebrate: Margaret and Helen are back. And Batocchio celebrated his 6th Blogiversary this weekend.

While we're on the subject, happy 7th blogiversary to me. I completely forgot. I seem to do that a lot lately with birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Being sold out by the very people you put into office and working nonstop and then having to worry about your project deadlines while you're supposed to be on vacation will do that.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
10 Comments:
Anonymous Southern Beale said...
Wow, 7 years? Mucho congratulations! You've been at this almost since Al Gore invented the internet! :-)

Anonymous mandt said...
Happy Birthday!

Blogger Phil said...
Hello? I need a secretary?

Birthdays are the worst, I am a bad Grandpa.

Blogger Cirze said...
Wow! Congrats!

7 years and still out-reporting everyone in sight.

Salute!

Anonymous tata said...
Mazel tov!

Anonymous skywind said...
Happy blogiversary! Hard to believe it's been seven years - thanks for hanging in there through the tough times.

Anonymous The Wifely Person said...
Happy Blogiversary. I stand in awe...not because you've been doing this for 7 years...but because your head hasn't exploded yet.

Today was definitely a head explosion day. I cannot believe we send these morons to congress. What were we thinking???????

oy.

Blogger Elayne said...
Wow, happy blogiversary, Jill! Sorry I missed it on the day. My 8th is coming up in a few weeks. Amazing that we've been doing this for this long, isn't it?

Blogger Distributorcap said...
major congrats! there is something to celebrate for

Blogger Batocchio said...
Thanks, and Congratulations!