"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, May 08, 2011

Comment rules
Posted by Jill | 8:09 AM
This morning I made a decision about which I was ambivalent about rejecting a comment, so I thought it might be a good time to talk briefly about my comment rules. I don't have a lot of them, but here are three off the top of my head:

1) If all you're going to do is spout Fox News talking points, peppered with foul epithets against all liberals, don't bother. This is a liberal blog, and you have plenty of other outlets to spout this kind of crap to people who will appreciate it. I can just go click-click-click to delete comments; I don't even have to read them.

2) If you're a conservative with a viewpoint to discuss under the "Intelligent people of good will can disagree" doctrine, you're welcome to come here for dialogue. We have a few who fall into this category, and you know who you are. Just don't expect us to agree with you. :-)

3) Comments containing eliminationist rhetoric will not be published. I don't care at whom it's targeted, I do not want "shoot 'em all" comments on this blog. It's dangerous when it's directed at our side, and we do ourselves no favors directing it the other way. If the day should come when there is armed revolution in the streets, then it will be different. But for now, talk of guns directed at people we don't like is off-limits.

Occasionally I may miss and accidentally delete a comment I wanted to publish. Please don't take it personally.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Anonymous Charlie O said...
I'm sure this was directed at my comments about having a .357 for retirement. It was posted with tongue firmly in cheek. I really have a problem with the thin skinned of any ilk or philosophy. I've enjoyed reading your blog up to now. I guess I'll be moving on.

Blogger Jill said...
Sorry you feel that way, Charlie. It wasn't about having a .357 for retirement, it was about using it against Republicans. I know it was tongue-in-cheek, but not everyone will. Call me paranoid, but I really don't want people knocking on my door because of blog comments that they can say advocated violence against government "leaders".

Hope you'll change your mind.