"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, May 05, 2011

A post that will interest only about ten people in the world
Posted by Jill | 8:16 PM
A treasure from Jim Earl in the form of a video of part of the last broadcast morning of the late, great Morning Sedition.



For the uninitiated, Brendan MacDonald (guy in navy shirt) is now the producer of Marc Maron's hit podcast, WTF. Give it a listen. The guy with the scruffy beard is Dan Pashman, now of The Sporkful, whose writings can also occasionally be seen in Vanity Fair. You've seen Kent Jones on The Rachel Maddow Show.

I still miss this show every day of my life.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I miss it too. Damn great, brilliant radio.

Well, there's at least WTF.

I can't hide it. It hurts. Can we have it back now?