"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, November 05, 2010

I guess Phil Griffin wants to replace him with Christine O'Donnell
Posted by Jill | 2:20 PM
That didn't take long.

Phil Griffin, who heads up MSNBC, has suspended Keith Olbermann indefinitely without pay for donating his own money to political candidates.

As Kos points out, Pat Buchanan donated money to Republicans between 2005 and 2008 (not to mention what a virulent hatemonger he is) and he's still on Morning Schmoe on a regular basis.

This morning Meredith Viera had a cuddle with Christine O'Donnell, who in case anyone forgot, LOST her election bid on Tuesday, but is somehow still a more valuable commodity on television than the guy who actually WON.

I can add 2 + 2, can you?

Meanwhile, Faux Noise doesn't seem to care about its on-air talent advocating for candidates on their own time with their own money. Here's a list of Sean Hannity's donations.

UPDATE: I'm shocked, I tell you...shocked...SHOCKED...and APPALLED...that Joe Scarborough -- but Phil Griffin has no problem with that.

UPDATE #2: Greg Sargent calls bullshit.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Sounds like an excuse to get rid of Olbermann, like they had to get rid of Donahue...

Anonymous mandt said...
Time to blog stomp MSNBC!

Blogger Unknown said...
I guess they figure it tarnishes his hard-won aura of impartiality.

Seriously, I think KO is a horse's ass, but he got a bum deal here. I'd boycott MSNBC if I watched it.

Blogger Nan said...
Wonder how much longer it'll take for them to find an excuse to can Ed Schultz and Rachel Maddow, too? I expect both to be gone by January.