"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I have nothing to add to this
Posted by Jill | 7:17 PM
It's days like yesterday that make me glad I work for a giant multinational corporation instead of blogging full-time. Because if I'd had to cover this latest incident of the Obama Administration going into full-blown panic mood every time that racist scum Andrew Breitbrat says "Boo!", I think I would have to kill myself.

I don't know how Rachel held it together for this:



Even NPR this morning decided to cover the story from the standpoint of "Are we too sensitive about race", rather than "Andrew Breitbart is a libelous racist scumbag provacateur who should be shunned by all civilized people."

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
5 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
My mother-in-law recently tried to get to me to at least admit that Obama was smarter than Bush (I guess this has how far the bar's dropped since 2008.) I admitted as much, but also observed that said advantage doesn't seem to have benefited him very much if it all. This case is a perfect example.

When you're president, sometimes you have to act deliberately and methodically, and other times you have to act swiftly and forcefully. Much of political acumen is knowing which to do when. Obama's instincts here seem far worse than random (in which case you'd expect him to be right 50% of the time.)

No doubt he's been burned by dragging his ass and letting himself get behind a scandal rather than in front of it. Now he finally decides to leap into action, and it turns out he fired someone over bullshit.

This is, after all, the same president who's currently trying to make hay by suing Arizona, thus giving him a popularity rating there in the 20's. Pretty poor political instincts for a "smart" guy.

Blogger Bartender Cabbie said...
Still and all she did not do her job properly and made a conscious decision to discriminate. It is nice that she had a personal awakening but she still discrimated and did not do the job that she was hired, at taxpayer expense, to do. Being a minority does not give her a pass. Apparently you believe otherwise.

Blogger Jill said...
It's tough when your little narrative falls apart, BC, isn't it? Did you see or read what she actually said? Or just the parts Breitbart chose to show you? It's sad that someone as intelligent as you choose to follow such a classless, evil individual.

Blogger Bartender Cabbie said...
Ok fair enough. I will watch the entire 40 or so minutes of the video and get back with you on this. I am dreading it and it will probably be this weekend before I get to it lol.

Blogger Bartender Cabbie said...
I stand corrected. She should not have been fired.