"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Forgotten Men
Posted by Jill | 12:34 PM
I wonder if the over 20% of Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans who are unemployed are regarded by Sharron Angle as "spoiled". I wonder if Orrin Hatch thinks the men and women who put their lives on the line in wars Hatch supported thinks they should be drug-tested. I wonder if Nevada Rep. Dean Heller, who gives lip service to "honoring those who serve our country", thinks returning veterans who can't find work are hobos.

We like to think that we are a nation of progress. But then Andrew Breitbart doctors a video of Shirley Sherrod and it's 1956 all over again. We may have fancy toys that let us watch movies on a 60" TV at home and a 3" screen while driving, but for the veterans of the Bush-Obama wars, it's 1933:



(BIG h/t to Gaius Publius)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share