Dana Perino says that we did not have a terrorist attack on this country during George W. Bush's term:
We already know that the Way of the Republican is to lie, lie, lie, and tell the same lie often and consistently: Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. No one could have anticipated the breach of the levees. Barack Obama ordered "In God We Trust" removed from coins.
They don't even try to relate facts anymore, these Republicans, they just pull stuff out of their asses and call it truth. Fox News puts it out there and because it has "News" in its name, it has credibility. So now we're supposed to believe that the 9/11 attacks happened, when? During Bill Clinton's administration? Or are they trying to erase George W. Bush entirely and make their idiotic, unthinking, willfully ignorant minions think we went right from Clinton to Obama?
So yes, let's call the Fort Hood attacks terrorism. And then let's call the killing of Dr. George Tiller terrorism as well. But don't sit there and tell me that no terrorists attacked this country on George Bush's watch. That worthless piece of shit was on vacation when he received warning of an imminent attack, and he chose to do nothing -- or worse, let it play out as planned so he could get his war with Iraq (an idea that no longer seems unthinkable as it once did
). I know that a lie told often enough becomes truth these days. But this one cannot be allowed to become an "alternative view."
And oh yeah. What Jed said
And thanks to commenter russell1958 over at Firedoglake
, for compiling tbe following list of terrorist attacks that took place in this country during the Bush years:
- Anthrax letters
- DC Snipers
- Grenade blasts outside U.K. embassy in New York
- Ohio sniper attacks
- Knoxville church shootings
- Arson attack on women's health clinic in Concord, NH (5/2000)
- Catholic priest who drove his car into the Northern Illinois Health Clinic then pulled out an ax before being shot at by a security guard; (9/2000)
- Bombing of Tacoma, Washington women's health clinic (6/2001)
- Anthrax hoax letters send by Clayton Waagner to 554 women's health clinics (11/2001)
- Arson attack on women's health clinic in Palm Beach (7/2005)
- Molotov cocktail thrown at women's health clinic in Shreveport, LA (12/2005
- David McMenemy of Rochester Hills, Michigan, crashed his car into the Edgerton Women’s Care Center in Davenport, Iowa, then doused the lobby in gasoline and started a fire (9/2006)
- Package left at a women’s health clinic in Austin, Texas, contained an explosive device capable of inflicting serious injury or death (4/2007)
- Planned Parenthood clinic in Virginia Beach, Virginia, set afire (12/2007)
- 20% of all women's health clinics in the U.S. attacked during 2008
Nope. No terrorism at all during the Bush years. Nosirree.
Labels: American Idiots, Bush Administration crimes, just another outrage, lies, Republican lies, utter horseshit