"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Idiot Scarborough, Reagan Lite, Brewed by Stewart!!
Posted by Melina | 6:38 PM

I could just spit! I heard this on the radio today while driving around and absolutely couldn't believe it....actually I do believe it; it makes perfect sense somehow, but I also see a nightmare possibility of the American people actually falling for this in the coming years if its packaged correctly! Today in the Daily Beast, Christopher Buckley, quite seriously suggested that Joe Scarborough is the new savior of the Republican Party.
I think he was being serious when he said that Scar has been "hiding" on MSNBC from 6 to 9, weekdays!

Hiding, my ass! Scarborough is the reason that I turned off MSNBC in the mornings, not only for his mysogynistic treatment of Mika Brezezinski , and not only for his bull-headed neo-con attitudes, but because his lack of understanding and knowledge of what hes talking about is staggering. But then, Buckley calls him "Reagan Lite" and says that he likes him because of his book. Well, that's really all you need to run the country, right? Likability and a little knowledge about alot of things?...an opinion and the ability to shoot your mouth off?

I guess that if your last name is Buckley, people take notice when you proclaim the new savior of the dying old elephant, but really, the Bush days are over and its gonna be a good long time before we invite the likes of "Reagan Lite" back into an office that is still reeling from the policies that Reagan heavy put in place!

Speaking of the idiot retard, Scarborough, last night Jon Stewart answered him on the Starbucks issue...yes he did:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Morning Joe's Sarcastic Starbucks Sponsorship
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorNewt Gingrich Unedited Interview


I'm now officially boycotting Starbucks for giving that idiot retard Scarborough 10 million dollars...TEN MILLION DOLLARS...to say "Morning Joe, Brewed by Starbucks!"
If that's who represents Starbucks, they've lost me. I already stopped buying my coffee beans from them in favor of Just Coffee, who sponsors Break Room Live, and actually offers a much better bean than Starbucks ever has. There are Maron and Seder themed blends with really cool packaging, but I'm awfully fond of the Maya Dark, and I get it in the big 2 lb tube! Pow!! (...as Maron says...)

Someone just tell me that we are not gonna end up with a Scarborough presidency in 8 years...the American people are not that stupid are they? Well, are we??...shit!

To get in touch with Starbucks to let them know what you think of them "Brewing Morning Joe" click here.

c/p RIP Coco

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Anonymous Silver Owl said...
LOL! If Scarborough is the republican savior they are way more fucked than even they could possibly imagine. The problem is that republicans have no viable options for sane people. So they will pretty much parade as many bat shit crazy conservatives as they can.

The republicans will never again be a respectable political party.

Blogger Comrade Misfit said...
I'd boycott Starbucks if I wasn't too damn cheap to spend that kind of money for overpriced highflalutin' coffee in the first place.

I almost came to blows with the 20-something behind the counter in one about a dozen years ago when I ordered a "large coffee with cream" and he snottily told me it was a "venti venudi" or something like that. I asked him if he was so fuckin' smart, why was he selling coffee for $4.50 an hour.

It rapidly escalated from there. :)

I've not been back since.

Blogger Jill said...
I think it's hilarious that a rich fuck like Joey the Scar can paint himself as a common man, and then shill for Starbucks for money.