"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, April 16, 2009

Teabaggers love Al-Qaeda
Posted by Jill | 6:24 AM
Are these the most confused people in the world, or what? After eight years of telling US to leave the country if we didn't support "our president" in his faux fight for retribution against "those who attacked us", now they're bemoaning the fact that the 9/11 terrorists didn't hit the Capitol:
Another seemingly sedate protester, Brian Smith, a marketer from Greenville, S.C., who was in Washington on business and came by the rally, wandered equally off message. "I love my country and I don't like what's going on," Smith said. "Government -- to be honest with you, and this will probably be misquoted, but on 9/11, I think they hit the wrong building. They should have gone into the Capitol building, hit out, knocked out both sides of the aisle, we'd start from scratch, we'd be better off today." I pointed out that "they" did try to hit the Capitol. "Yeah, I know, they missed," he said. "The wrong sequence. If someone had to go, it should have been the Capitol building. On that day I felt differently, but today that's the way I feel."


Presumably they're still outraged about the Pentagon, though I'm not sure.

And there you have it: Teabaggers and Al-Qaeda: perfect together.

Of course it's an oversimplification; as much of one as when these same people told us that WE were Al-Qaeda sympathizers for opposing the Iraq war -- and this is one guy. But this may be the best demonstration I've seen yet at just how confused these people are. They scream that Barack Obama is a fascist, but when asked how, they reply "He just is" (heard on Ron Reagan's radio show yesterday). They scream about taxes after people in THEIR income group just got a tax cut. Now they're saying not that they don't like that America was attacked, but that al-Qaeda terrorists haven't attacked the people THEY would like to see attacked.

I can't help but have a sense that what all this is really about is "ZOMG...THERE'S A BLACK MAN LIVING IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!!"

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Mauigirl said...
Their hypocrisy is endless. I am feeling a lot of disgust today about these people. And you're right, you may have hit on their real motivation.

Blogger merlallen said...
Was he aware of who the President at the time? Did he think it was Clinton?
Like I told my wife, they call it a tax protest because they can't call it "I hate having a ni**er as President"

Anonymous Bandit said...
Good projection!