"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, February 20, 2009

Its Friday...
Posted by Melina | 10:09 AM

...and after such a harrowing week, there is something to be said for laughing babies (guaranteed to brighten the day of even the most hard assed criminals out there:)



Another reason to be cheerful is the return of Bill Maher tonight at 11PM EST on HBO, complete with the little online after show. Oh, I know that he is one of the most hated personalities in Hollywood, but lets give him his due as someone who never shrunk away from the serious controversy of the Bush era. This guy spoke his mind even if it meant that he lost his job. And though I don't always agree with him and I wouldn't date him or even want to know him with a 10 foot pole (so, stop calling me, Bill!! The answer is still no!!,) he has stated some very important truths in public that needed desperately to be said; for that, I am thankful.
So, I will be there tonight with bells on...for those of you who hate him for personal reasons, I would suggest that you avoid him on the party circuit, cancel the dinner party invites, and any of those big HBO projects that you have in the pipelines, and tune in. As long as hes not beating up Rhianna, I for one will be very interested to hear what he has to say about all that's happened since we last spoke.

c/p RIP Coco

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Blogger Aaron B. Pryor said...
I am In.

Though I will be watching the 11 p.m. rebroadcast since the 10 p.m. conflicts with the ever so vital Battlestar Galactica.

But I can't do without "Real Time." Nosireebob.

Blogger bcelaya said...
with his move up an hour earlier the show now conflicts with Bill Moyer. Guess I'll have to start taping one or the other. But I've been anxiously awaiting Bill Maher's return.