"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hal Turner is The Joker

Or a joker, at any rate.

I'd heard rumors circulating around the intertubes that Hal Turner was planning on sabotaging the Obama inauguration last month with poison balloons. At first, I didn't believe them until I did a little skullduggery tonight and found this:
Then how about this: Balloons filled with Helium to float, then a special little "something" is poured inside. The balloons are tied shut with firecracker fuse. The fuse is lit and the balloons released.

As they float over the inauguration crowd, the burning fuse reaches the balloon and it pops, dropping its "payload" on the crowd below.

Too far fetched? It got tested and it worked! The video of the test appears below.

Watch the video and imagine what payload, other than the index cards taped to the outside of the test balloons, might be substituted? HMMMMM. Might it be something messy? Something smelly? Something contagious? Something deadly? Ahhhh, such possibilities.

Maybe he meant Obama's other inauguration in 2012.

But what this reminded me of tickled the back of my head until this very minute. It took a while but it finally hit me:

Maybe Obama stole his balloons.
Bookmark and Share
4 Comments:
Blogger Rhode Island Rules said...
Shouldn't Turner be investigated as a domestic terrorist? Sounds like a threat to me.

Blogger Mattttt said...
Yeah, no kidding...just on the grounds of that post alone (which from my perspective had the look of a how-to guide), the Secret Service really ought to pay him a visit. I mean, there's protected free speech/satire, etc., but that was *way* over the line. People who made even joking "threats" against Bush were investigated for far less.

Blogger jurassicpork said...
Hey, I just noticed, this was Brilliant @ Breakfast's 7000th post.

Wow.

Blogger Melina said...
Congrats Jill! Thats alot of words...! Good words!