"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, February 02, 2009

Around the Blogroll and Elsewhere: Special Erev Blogroll Amnesty Day Edition
Posted by Jill | 7:59 PM
It's erev Blogroll Amnesty Day. This is the evening when we light candles, drink a glass of Manischewitz cream white and eat latkes, then we dress in red robes, dance under the mistletoe, dye eggs, and break out the Scrabble board in preparation for the big parade tomorrow.

Well, SOMEBODY has to come up with an appropriately stolen ritual set.

So let's take another trip around to a few of our fellow bloggers. Technically not all of these are lower-traffic blogs, because you have to get up even earlier in the morning than I do to find anything that gets less traffic than we do here. Why should we discriminate against our thousand-pageview-a-day friends? So let's not.

Over at I Can't Believe It's Not a Democracy, they're hoping (as would I if I still believed in hope) that Tom Daschle's preposterous tax problems mean that perhaps Howard Dean may be HHS Secretary after all.

D.R. Scott has some Kurt Vonnegut Motivational Posters.

Dr. Monkey von Monkerstein makes me think maybe I'm not sorry the Steelers won after all.

Best. Blog. Title. Ever.

Now THIS, my friends, is the niche blog to end all niche blogs.

Nick Davis isn't climbing on the Slumdog Millionaire bandwagon. (Neither is my co-worker, who is from India and found the entire thing stereotypical and repulsive. I reserve judgment until it hits the top of my Netflix queue.)

And finally, a dispatch from the "Holy Shit!" file, from Kittywampus.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Blogger merlallen said...
I'm so out of touch, I thought "Slum Dog Millionare" was a rapper. haha

Blogger Sungold said...
Thanks for the shoutout, Jill!

Sungold (of Kittywampus)