"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, October 03, 2008

The moment when Joe Biden won the debate
Posted by Jill | 7:05 AM
Of course the wingnuts will say that Biden was exploiting his personal tragedy for personal gain, ignoring the way Sarah Palin plans to marry off her daughter to a certain wife-beater because the McCain camp thinks it'll get them votes. But this was a "Don't tell me I don't know what real Americans are going through" moment that blew anything Palin, who's lived a pretty charmed life, right out of the water.


Labels:

Bookmark and Share
9 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
The moment before that was definitely the lowest of low points for Sarah Palin in my eyes. In all that prepping, did she forget that he was a single parent for a long while, and why?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Painful to watch. Painful.

Blogger Distributorcap said...
palin's comment after biden's emotional moment was very uncomfortable and insensitive -- they didnt train her for that one

Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...
that moment made me proud of joe biden. i have done the single dad thing. when my last divorce went down, i was the one who had gotten clean and sober and the ex had not. the custody issue was decided on that basis.

i tell folks in AA meetings all the time that being a single parent is the absolute best thing i've done as a sober man.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I was on the Twitter election scroll and the sentiment went totally pro-Biden at the moment.

Blogger Unknown said...
Why are Democrats so enamored of weepy politicians?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I think you could argue that that was Palin's "Dukakis Moment."

Anonymous Anonymous said...
barry said- "Why are Democrats so enamored of weepy politicians?"

Democrats or progressives are human beings, (as in having emotions and feelings, etc.)

Repugs are the pod people, but you already know that.

In Plain's defense, she did look momentarily confused just afterward. That bit about Biden was probably on the card underneath the one she was looking at and she's so enamored of her talking points she forgot to peek. She lost a lot of people at that moment, including a couple of Repugnicans I know. They still like McCain but want Plain replaced by a human being. (BTW, I'm letting my spell-checker name her. It seems to have more insight into her mind than most have...)