"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, October 03, 2008

Friday Big Blue Smurf blogging: What They Said
Posted by Jill | 6:32 PM
Sorry about the light blogging, folks. I am trying mightily to get used to a new schedule that has me leaving the house over an hour earlier than I used to, waking up a half-hour earlier, and then spending the day stuffing so much information into my brain that fully-formed words are leaking out of my ears like cut-and-pasted ransom notes. So for a while at least, I'll be trying to post one or two rants in the morning and another few in the evening.

So we've had to rely on feedback from other bloggers, and today's honoree is the newly discovered, newly addded, and charmingly-named Boiling Mad, who was as nauseated as I was by Sarah Palin's Annie Oakleyisms, and opines:
Anyone who says Palin came off as anything resembling smart is full of s---. Listen to these phrases:

"I'll betcha"
"cravin' somethin' new"
"darn right"
"back ya' up"
"doggone it"

If Obama resorted to leaning on Ebonics the way Palin leaned on the redneck dialect, conservatives would be calling him the n-word.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
>Anyone who says Palin came off as anything resembling smart is full of s---. Listen to these phrases:

"I'll betcha"
"cravin' somethin' new"
"darn right"
"back ya' up"
"doggone it"


Yeah, how stupid and manipulable do they think we are? (I think Biden won because he cried.)

Blogger Boiling_Mad said...
Very, Barry.

Blogger Bob said...
Tell us about the new job. When you feel safe about it.