"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, October 13, 2008

And while we're on the subject of interviews with idiots
Posted by Jill | 5:54 AM
...take a spin over to Mudflats and check out Sarah Palin's Orwellian interview with some Alaska journalists.

Just a taste:
Palin: Hey, thank you so, Meg. Thank you so much. Thank you also to our local reporters up there in Alaska. Even hearing your names make me feel like I’m right there with you at home. It’s good to get to speak with you. Let me talk a little bit about the Tasergate issue if you guys would let me and, Meg, you want me to just jump right on in there?

Stapleton: Sure governor, go ahead.

Palin: OK cool.

Well, I’m very very pleased to be cleared of any legal wrongdoing … any hint of any kind of unethical activity there. Very pleased to be cleared of any of that. Todd did what anyone would have done given this state trooper’s very, very troubling behavior and his dangerous threats against our family. Todd did what I think any Alaskan would do.

And he, Todd did what the state’s Department of Law Web site tells anyone to do if they have a concern about a state trooper. And that’s you go to the commissioner and you express your concern. And Todd did what our personal detail asked him to do. Bob Cockrell early on as I was elected and was asked are there any threats against ya, and Todd brought the concern as I did to Commissioner Monegan about the state trooper’s threats. He did what any – I think — any rational person would do so again, nothing to apologize there with Todd’s actions and again very pleased to be cleared of any legal wrongdoing.

(Stapleton invites the first question).

ADN: Governor, finding No.1 on the report was that you abused your power by violating state law. Do you think you did anything wrong at all in this Troopergate case?

Palin: Not at all and I’ll tell you, it, I think that you’re always going to ruffle feathers as you do what you believe is in the best interest of the people whom you are serving. In this case I knew that I had to have the right people in the right position at the right time in this cabinet to best serve Alaskans, and Walt Monegan was not the right person at the right time to meet the goals that we had set out in our administration. So no, not having done anything wrong, and again very much appreciating being cleared of any legal wrongdoing or unethical activity at all.


In 1992, the right was in a big hue and cry over Bill Clinton's "two for the price of one" brag and about Hillary Clinton's role in national health care. Here they have a vice presidential nominee whose husband is "a fixture in the Governor's office", clearly plays the role of "enforcer" for his wife's personal vendettas, and no one on the right is uttering a peep about what role HE might play in a McCain Palin (or worse, a de facto Palin/McCain) administration?

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Blogger Fran said...
"Todd did what I think any Alaskan would do."

Oh, I keep forgetting! They are secessionist Alaskans. Todd did what any Alaskan would do. Which is not necessarily what an American might do.

I loathe them.

Blogger D. said...
I have to wonder whether they tried, y'know, due process. Orders of protection/restraining orders, bringing charges, etc. In most jurisdictions (I really don't know about Alaska here), you can't (damn! The Typo Fairy has moved in with friends!) fire officers of the law without some kind of trial, for which evidence has to be presented. Right now, the evidence in evidence (ow) all seems to be hearsay.

Not that I'm defending Wooten (I have heard nothing but ickyness about him), but spanking him should have been done with a legal paddle.