"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, September 12, 2008

It's not nice to fool Mother Nature
Posted by Jill | 9:32 PM


This awe-inspiring photo of Hurricane Ike is from Jeff Master's blog over at Weather Underground.

I wonder what Sarah Palin has to say about this storm and the impact of global warming, which has created the warm temperatures that seem to have turned the Gulf of Mexico into a virtual hurricane oven. I'm sure she'll say we have no impact on it whatsoever. But will she regard hurricane relief as "earmarks"?

I wonder what people like Pat Robertson and the like, who enjoyed saying that Katrina was God's revenge on New Orleans for having a gay pride parade, think about this storm hitting George W. Bush's home state.

I hope that those who for whatever reason had to stay behind and ride out the storm stay safe.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
5 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
>I wonder what Sarah Palin has to say about this storm and the impact of global warming...

Yeah! And I'll bet she doesn't even use those twisty light bulbs!!!

Blogger jurassicpork said...
I wonder what Sarah Palin has to say about this storm and the impact of global warming, which has created the warm temperatures that seem to have turned the Gulf of Mexico into a virtual hurricane oven.

I don't know what Palin would think about it but if I was a religious man, you know what I'd say?

Ike is God's retribution on Texas for giving George W. Bush and his verminous offspring safe haven all these decades.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ike is God's retribution on Texas for giving George W. Bush and his verminous offspring safe haven all these decades.

But but but ... Karl Rove, schemer and enabler of George II, First Fascist King of America, is not from Texas.

Surely a just and righteous God would smite this worm first among all sinners. (Stalin and Hitler and Pol Pot being already dead).

Anonymous Anonymous said...
meanwhile, In Real Life, Susan of Kiss My Big Blue Butt is in Ike's path.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
The only good thing is that the self reliant Texans will take care of themselves instead of the whining residents of New Orleans that couldn't do anything for themselves.