"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, September 05, 2005

Like mother, like son
Posted by Jill | 7:58 PM

What a truly vile beast Barbara Bush is:

Accompanying her husband, former President George H.W.Bush, on a tour of hurricane relief centers in Houston, Barbara Bush said today, referring to the poor who had lost everything back home and evacuated, "This is working very well for them."

The former First Lady's remarks were aired this evening on National Public Radio's "Marketplace" program.

She was part of a group in Houston today at the Astrodome that included her husband and former President Bill Clinton, who were chosen by her son, the current president, to head fundraising efforts for the recovery. Sen. Hilary Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama were also present.

In a segment at the top of the show on the surge of evacuees to the Texas city, Barbara Bush said: "Almost everyone I’ve talked to wants to move to Houston."

Then she added: "What I’m hearing is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed with the hospitality.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this (she chuckled slightly)--this is working very well for them."


So what's the deal, are we setting the stage to call tens of thousands of people who have lost EVERYTHING "ungrateful" for the largesse being bestowed upon them by more fortunate, more WHITE people, and the U.S. government?

On what fucking planet does this woman live?

Of course, this is the same rotting, stinking piece of human toxic waste who said of her evil spawn's decision not to show the coffins of dead soldiers coming home from Iraq, "Why should we hear about body bags and deaths? Oh, I mean, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

Words fail me.

God, I hate these people. I hate their smug attitude of privilege. I hate their view that the entire world is theirs to plunder. I hate their greed. I hate the deep, dark holes in their souls that no amount of lucre purloined from the less fortunate can fill. I hate their phony, sanctimonious self-righteous religiosity. I hate their complete lack of intellectual curiosity. I hate what they have done to the country I love.

I'm so glad I don't have children. I don't think I could live with myself if I had given life to someone who would have to live his or her entire adult life in George W. Bush's legacy.
Bookmark and Share