"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sometimes Willard can't hide what he is
Posted by Jill | 6:24 AM
Someone needs to tell Willard that in 1978, even God changed His mind about black people.

Pam links to this article at Mediaite, which quotes Willard's remarks after he was soundly booed at the NAACP convention when he vowed to eliminate "Obamacare" (emphasis mine):
“By the way, I had the privelege of speaking today at the NAACP convention in Houston and I gave them the same speech I am giving you. I don’t give different speeches to different audiences alright. I gave them the same speech. When I mentioned I am going to get rid of Obamacare they weren’t happy, I didn’t get the same response. That’s ok, I want people to know what I stand for and if I don’t stand for what they want, go vote for someone else, that’s just fine. But I hope people understand this, your friends who like Obamacare, you remind them of this, if they want more stuff from government tell them to go vote for the other guy-more free stuff. But don’t forget nothing is really free. it has to paid for by people in the private sector creating goods and services, and if people want jobs more than they want free stuff from government, then they are going to have to get government to be smaller. And if they don’t want to repeal Obamacare they are going to have to give me some other stuff they are thinking about cutting, but my list takes Obamacare off first and I have a lot of other things I am thinking of cutting.”

Just....wow. He's basically saying that that bunch of n----- he just talked to only want free stuff -- to take money from "job creators" like himself. Funny how he paints the ACA as welfare, when it requires people to buy insurance from for-profit insurance companies. Those who can't afford the cost of paying the $15.1 million compensation for the CEO of Cigna, or the $13.9 million compensation for the CEO of Met Life, or the $10.8 million paid to the CEO of United Health will receive government subsidies to help them BUY insurance -- but it's hardly "free stuff" -- unless you are a well-connected oligarch with a house that could fit the Music Hall of Williamsburg inside, a dressage horse on which you take a $70,000 tax deduction, and a bunch of offshore tax haven accounts.

I used to think that Willard Rmoney was just another craven, power-mad Republican. But the more we see of him, and his hysterical rantings about tax increases on job creators, the more I see him as just greedy -- yet another Republican with a hole in his soul so deep that no amount of money or houses or dressage horses will ever fill -- but that won't stop him from continuing to amass as much as he can, even pillaging an entire nation once he gains some control over it, in his vain attempt to feel human.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Anonymous BNJ said...
>"He's basically saying that that bunch of n----- he just talked to only want free stuff..."

He's saying the opposite, really. He's saying if all you want is free stuff, then "vote for the other guy." Romney's pitch here is precisely that "blacks only want free stuff" is a flawed premise. And by implication, he's attributing that stereotypes to the Dems, who feel entitled to the African-American vote.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yep..our boy Mitt just found a longer, more elaborate ( and more covert)way to call black people "welfare queens."

Mitt's body is in 2012...but the mind's back in 1953...

Blogger Jill said...
Wow, BNJ, that's some pretzel into which you've had to twist yourself to come up with that one.