"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, May 13, 2012

On a Mission from God
Posted by Jill | 6:41 AM
Not that they ever could really get the band back together after Belushi died, but the Blues Brothers Band (and long before that, Booker T. and the MGs) has lost its bass player, Donald "Duck" Dunn.

Is there a better bass line in the world than the one in "Green Onions"? I'm pretty sure I've posted this video of Duck and Steve Cropper in Australia in 2008 before, but it deserves to be posted again, in a context that doesn't involve continence pants:



Except maybe the one in "Time is Tight", here performed in Amsterdam, 2010:


Thanks for the riffs.
Bookmark and Share