"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, February 11, 2012

Paging Riley.....Riley? Paging Riley...
Posted by Jill | 10:45 AM
Another dispatch from Rick Santorum's American Dream:
When 5,700 fifth-grade boys in Dallas’ public schools recently went to see a movie about black fighter pilots in World War II, the girls stayed in school and saw a different movie instead.

One of the pilots is among those asking why.

A spokesman for the Dallas Independent School District said officials took only boys to see “Red Tails’’ Thursday because space at the movie theater was limited. Jon Dahlander told The Dallas Morning News that leaders of the district also thought boys would enjoy the movie more than girls.

Hit it, Riley!

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Elizabeth Adams said...
"Hit it, Riley!"

Thanks for my first lol of the morning!

Blogger Oldfool said...
I've never thought that Dallas was managed by mental giants.
We need to clean up how we treat females before berating how the third world does it.
I have long professed that when the human species off's itself it will be at the hands of men in the name of god. If it survives in will be at the hands of women in the name of science.

Blogger Ahab said...
I think I speak for countless men and women when I ask WHAT FREAKIN' CENTURY IS THAT SCHOOL DISTRICT LIVING IN!?