"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, December 17, 2011

Now we know the apocalypse is nigh
Posted by Jill | 6:59 AM
I would say hell has frozen over, but the Eagles already did that.

The on-again-off-again Beach Boys reunion to commemorate the 50th anniversary of one of America's most enduring contributions to the history of rock and roll is on again.

Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston and David Marks (a rhythm guitarist who played on their first four albums) are recording together and hitting the road on a 50-date tour set to kick off in April with a headlining performance at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.

The anniversary will also be commemorated with reissues from the Beach Boys catalog, another greatest hits collection and a box set.


Oh. THAT's why.


Wilson says, "This anniversary is special to me because I miss the boys and it will be a thrill for me to make a new record and be on stage with them again."
wU


Really?

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
4 Comments:
Blogger double nickel said...
Without Dennis and Carl, there is no Beach Boys.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I only saw them live once.

It was early enough in their career that some of them could not play their instruments competently. Harmonize great, instuments, blah.

A session musician told me later that the father of two of them laid down the music tracks for their first two or three albums for the recordings.

Blogger Oldfool said...
It's for the $$$$$$$$$$$ but I certainly don't care. I never liked them, never spent a dime on them and if I ever hear them again before returning to the dirt from which I came it will be too soon.
Let me decode that, I really thought they weren't worth a crap.

Blogger Bob said...
That suit was filed 6 years ago. This year the Original Smile Sessions box was released, which probably did much to placate Love. In any case, this version of the Beach Boys is certainly better than the bunch of fakers Love's been touring. Now the old Beach Boys spirit is probably best embodied by Al Jardine,