"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, August 14, 2011

Around the Blogroll and Elsewhere: Special Republican Clown Car edition
Posted by Jill | 6:33 AM
Before I proceed to the linkitude, I want to congratulate my and longtime friends Gabriel (my original blogbrother) and Dennis on 19 years of showing those irresponsible, hedonistic red staters what love and commitment look like.

Now, our shirts are clean and pressed and our haircuts are precise, so let's start the show:

Tom Degan, who can always be relied on for some damn fine rantin', makes me want to go downstairs and dig out Mr. Brilliant's copy of "Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail" for some summer reading now that I have a brief breather of living like a normal person.

Addicting Info has the Bachmann/corn dog photo you've all been waiting for. And Down With Tyranny has even more fun photos from Crazytown, Iowa.

More hilarious Iowa Straw Poll photographs at Princess Sparkle Pony's photo blog. Nothing like people with a million dollar line of credit at Tiffany's pretending to be Just Like Iowa Farm Folks.

Batocchio: Thou Shalt Not Question Supply-Side Jesus.

Beeryblog identifies America's dummy belt.

At Driftglass, a Photoshop job that should give you nightmares. Especially since the homonculus you're looking at is going to be the next president.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger Batocchio said...
Good rant by Degan, and that second Thompson quotation is spot on. And yikes, that DG photoshop...