"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, February 04, 2011

Mike Stark has balls of steel
Posted by Jill | 11:50 PM
We've been huge fans of Mike Stark ever since he dared to brave George "Macaca" Allen's goons back in 2006. Then there's this...and this. And then there's the time that we were introduced to Mike at Yearly Kos in 2007 where I burbled fannish gibberish like a tween girl who's just realized she's in the same checkout line at Abercrombie and Fitch with Justin Bieber. Because no one is better at being a thorn in the side of Republicans than ol' Mr. Balls of Steel.

I heard this bit on Randi Rhodes' show while driving home this evening, and I should have known it was Stark on the phone:




I think that may be the first time Limbaugh was rendered very nearly speechless.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger Mule Breath said...
Oh my!

Never have I heard so much sputtering nor seen so much crawfishing. Toward the end, after the caller was cut off, all this man could do was repeat tired, hackneyed banalities... offering not a shred of hard reason.

Just more of the same, old bromides.

Blogger Unknown said...
Well, he makes some good points. I understand nostalgia, and I understand why conservatives on balance might still prefer Reagan to his successors, but to pretend that he wasn't occasionally crushingly disappointing to movement conservatives is just silly.

But we were all less ideological then, weren't we? And we certainly didn't expect our presidents to be rigid ideologues. We expected our political leaders, like Reagan and O'Neill, to work together and meet each other halfway to (for example) save Social Security. Those days are long gone.

Blogger Pangolin said...
Reagan cut corporate and income taxes on the wealthy and made up the shortfall by increasing the Social Security payroll tax and borrowing the surplus.

He took from the poor and gave to the rich; that son of a bitch.