"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, January 21, 2011

Shit.
Posted by Jill | 9:31 PM




Comcast got the OK to buy NBC on Wednesday.

Keith Olbermann got the boot today. This disgusting piece of shit rants on:



Citizens United is the worst thing to ever happen to this country, and yes I am including Pearl Harbor and 9/11 in that consideration. Yes, more people died in those events. But freedom and democracy itself died the day the Roberts court decided that corporations should be able to buy government and control the public airwaves utterly.

If you have Comcast, AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, you might consider speaking to these fuckers in the only language they understand, and cancel your subscription. I've had Dish Network for over a decade. Yes, it costs me a bit more, and I have no triple threat or triple trouble or any of the other packages the giant behemoths who control the information flow are putting out. I also often have coupons. If you want more information, contact me. Dish Network also carries FSTV, where you can see Democracy Now and Thom Hartmann's new show. You won't find that on Comcast.

UPDATE: You can thank Keith Olbermann for speaking truth to power for the last eight years here.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
6 Comments:
Blogger Comrade Misfit said...
I'd drop Comcast in a nanosecond if I had a choice. But I don't. I do not have a clear line of sight to the south, and Verizon has not wired FIOS to my area.

When they do, I'm dumping Craptastic.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
"If you have Comcast, AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, you might consider speaking to these fuckers in the only language they understand"

I know, I know.
I also know that I have zero options for service that includes broadband internet, CATV & phone other than f**king Comcast.

I just checked and found that RCN is available in Chicago, but not my town.

It's called a monopoly.
Same thing with electricity and natural gas hookups.

Going off the grid is, unfortunately, not an option.

Blogger Unknown said...
What to make of the fact that the approval of this sale coincided with Obama hiring GE's CEO to a big position?

Oh well, Keef and his tens of loyal viewers got the president they wanted.

Blogger Comrade Misfit said...
The CEO of Comcast and his dad, the founder of Comcast, donate serious cash to Democrats.

So I'm not sure about any of this.

Blogger BadTux said...
My guess is that Comcast had nothing to do with Olbermann being fired, but, rather, that this was a parting shot from Phil Griffin getting rid of someone he detested prior to Comcast coming in and cleaning house and putting *him* on the street. Phil Griffin, head of MSNBC, detests Olbermann on a personal level but was forced to keep him while the merger talks were going on because Olbermann's ratings were a "material asset" in the merger talks. But once the merger was a done deal... well.

My suspicion is that once Griffin gets the boot, Olbermann might be back on MSNBC again. Or maybe not, but we'll see. Like Misfit, I seriously doubt Comcast itself had any desire to fire Olbermann... they're a business, not a charity like Rupert Murdoch's Fox News, and Olbermann pulled in the ratings.

- Badtux the Business Penguin

Blogger jurassicpork said...
Remember that episode of The Simpsons, when Krusty the Clown began doing his Chinese impersonation to a horrified audience?

Same thing here.