"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, October 09, 2010

Around the Blogroll and Elsewhere
Posted by Jill | 2:09 PM
Driftglass on the prescience of the late, great, and still-missed Steve Gilliard. Funny how a blogger from New York knew more than all the so-called "experts."

Shelby Knox at the Y.

Grover is STILL my favorite Sesame Street Muppet, even if he HAS gotten a bit snarky.

Matt Taibbi once again makes us want to stick our heads in the oven.

Helen and Margaret make a Pledge to America.

A Feather Adrift has the same attitude I do. Maybe that's what happens when you get older.

Skippy weighs in on Mike Bloomberg's No Soda With Food Stamps crusade. As for me, I just wonder if Sssips and other non-carbonated sugar water is included, and I pray for the poor high school minimum wage kid working at the On the Run store who has to play bad cop about this.

GottaLaff
makes us think that Sarah Palin would stump for Alan Grayson if he waved enough money in front of her.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
5 Comments:
Anonymous mandt said...
Helen and Margaret totally rock. Surely they live in Vermont and are friends with John Dean.

Blogger driftglass said...
Many thanks. I'm honored.

Blogger PurpleGirl said...
Steve Gilliard is very much missed. He was extremely interested in military history and knew his stuff about Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan among many other areas.

Anonymous mandt said...
Steve Gilliard remains a great loss, right up there with Molly Ivins.

Blogger jurassicpork said...
I needed a smoke after DG's post. It's a shame Steve's new site is being neglected, even though they have about a half dozen bloggers in their stable, including my now suddenly inaccessible buddy Stevie.

I keep hoping that long-lost and unknown blog posts by Steve will come to light and that they will help explicate things well into this election cycle and beyond. Sadly, no Asimovian psychohistorian exists.