"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So I wonder how many Floridians will think they're voting for the Daniel Webster they used to read about in history class
Posted by Jill | 6:00 AM
I have no doubt that there were people who voted for George W. Bush in 2000 because they thought they were voting for his father. Perhaps I'm wrong, but then I live in New Jersey's Fifth Congressional District, where people pull the lever for Scott Garrett every two years but still think Marge Roukema is their representative. So I'm not sure that the Willfully Ignorant who seem to comprise an increasing portion of the American population are even paying enough attention to know who they support. But now in Florida, we have a Republican nominee for Alan Grayson's seat whose name is Daniel Webster. And I wonder how many people will think they're voting for this one, when in reality they'll be voting for this one.

This is OUR guy:






Yes, he means 18th century, not 17th, so let's not have any comments about that, please. But what's important here -- having a real Democrat in Congress who isn't afraid of Republicans vs. a theocratic nutball? Or semantics.

You know what to do. Do it. Now.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share