"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, August 27, 2010

If you read one article today, make it this one
Posted by Jill | 5:47 AM
Matt Taibbi is always worth reading, but today he takes on what the results of Tuesday's primaries really mean -- that John McCain notwithstanding, the Tea Party was a big victor -- and that we laugh at them at our peril. I disagree with him that Americans are not thinking about Muslims; in the wake of the ginned-up "controversy" over whether Muslims can build a community center on property they bought, suddenly Scary Swarthy People are back in the reptilian brain of the Downtrodden and Afraid. And I'm not sure we haven't tried to push back. But I would say to Matt Taibbi that when you fight back, but the people who are supposed to represent you in our government have decided that you simply do not matter, it's hard to invest a whole lot in trying to stave off the inevitable.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share