"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Around the Blogroll and Elsewhere: Special Life in a Pack of Mad Dogs Edition
Posted by Jill | 9:26 PM
Sorry about the silence from these here parts; I'm on a project deadline, the end is in sight, I'm in a state of paranoid panic about the external testing process, I haven't had a decent night's sleep in a month, and I'm pretty much a burnt-out husk at this point.

It's just as well, really, because when I look around me at the institutionalized lunacy that surrounds us, all I want to do is turn on the TV and watch stupid young people obsess about crown molding and granite countertops on HGTV and whatever Guy Fieri is scarfing down these days.

But life in Teabag America goes on, and right now Mexicans seem to have replaced Muslim terrorists as the favorite boogeyman of the right:

In Iowa, one of the whitest states in the country, a Congressional candidate wants to microchip illegal immigrants "like dogs".

How to respond when someone asks "Show me your papers" in Arizona.

If the idea of police being able to stop anyone they think looks "suspicious" and demand to see their papers sounds familiar, like something you read about when you were a kid, here's why.

It wasn't brown-skinned people who sent your job overseas.

More states you can take off your "nice place to retire" list if they pass planned legislation.

And you thought the alliance with evangelicals was weird. Idiots.

How about we deport this band of wackadoos instead?

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger Matt said...
It's ok to take a breather now and then. Your loyal readers will keep stopping by.

Oh, and anyone who uses "wackadoos" in a sentence is a friend of mine!