"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Forget about yet another empty speech, listen to a real American patriot who left us today
Posted by Jill | 9:40 PM
I guess Howard Zinn couldn't bear to hang around long enough to listen to Barack Obama spout a bunch of crap which he has no intention of fighting for either.

Howard Zinn, 1922-2010:

We should take his advice.

(JP is liveblogging the SOTU. I had to get to work this morning for a 7 AM teleconference and had to go to a schmooze-with-the-managers event tonight. I'm going to bed.)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
Blogger D.R. Scott said...

Wasn't it that nefarious rascal John Mitchell who said, "Watch what we do, not what we say"? After too many empty promises and gutless compromises, I don't care what Obama says anymore.

Here's The New Bullshit, Same As The Old Bullshit.