"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, December 23, 2009

This HAS to be a joke
Posted by Jill | 7:30 AM
I realize that teabaggers can be so ridiculous it's funny, but this has performance art written all over it, as a C-Span caller asks Republican Sen. John Barrasso of Wyoming if he prayed hard enough for Robert Byrd to die:



If it ISN'T a joke, but a serious caller, than we are in more trouble than we realized. And even if it is a joke, Barrasso's reaction, or rather, non-reaction, to the idea of praying for someone to die, means we are in more trouble than we realized.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger jurassicpork said...
What I'd like to know is why, whether the caller was serious or not, didn't C-SPAN hit the kill switch.

Blogger missy said...
I heard that on Mike Malloy last night - it HAS to be a joke. If's it's not, I'm moving to Canada.

Anonymous mandt said...
You mean if I keep praying that Cheney dies, I'm a bad person?