"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nostalgia Blogging: See what you missed if you're not a baby boomer?
Posted by Jill | 11:09 PM
Stan Freberg and Ray Bradbury (yes, THAT Ray Bradbury) hawking Sunsweet Pitted Prunes:




And now, an extra-special treat; something I've been looking for on YouTube forever and IT'S FINALLY HERE!! Mom, this one's for you:



This is the infamous "Lemon Cream Pie" sketch from Great American Dream Machine. If you're a member of the Most Hated Generation, your mom probably bought those Banquet cream pies. Mine did, and I grew up in a house where cookies meant vanilla wafers and we dreamt of Twinkies because we weren't allowed to have them. After this sketch ran on TV, you could pick up these pies at the Finast for a quarter because no one wanted them anymore.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger Distributorcap said...
these are great! vanilla wafers - they were Mrs Field's to my mother -

thanks