"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Around the Blogroll and Elsewhere: American Crackup Edition
Posted by Jill | 7:36 PM
Somewhere in a cave, Osama bin Laden is laughing his ass off.

Brad Friedman on the arrest of a wingnut who fatally shot a convenience store owner in Houston, Texas (it's always Texas, isn't it?), then gave himself up because the arresting officers were white. He had a Republican Party sticker on the back of his truck. I guess this is one of those "real Americans" Sarah Palin talks about.

Matt Taibbi eviscerates David Brooks. (Not that it's difficult to do, but still....)

Sherry on end of year lists, thus absolving me from having to do one, because frankly, once I get past Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow of Dexter, the Als Grayson and Franken, and Mr. Brilliant's near-miraculous ability to get rid of even the nastiest computer virus, I'm not sure what else would be on a Brilliant of the Year list.

For you gossip-hounds, AK Muckraker has a dispatch on the Palin/Johnston custody battle. Hey, it's a heck of a lot more interesting than Jon Gosselin staging a break-in of his own apartment.

SteveAudio sez, "Lie down with dogs, you'll wake up with fleas."

Jared Stancombe on intelligence information sharing.

Dave Johnson on how it really does look like corn syrup is a culprit in obesity. (In other news, I just found out this week that caffeine increases cortisol levels. So in addition to giving up my one can a day of Hansen's Diet Tangerine Lime soda, now I have to cut back on the coffee too. I've been drinking blueberry green tea instead, which probably isn't much better.)

Blue Texan with a reality check.


Six cups of coffee
? Hey, Doghouse, you might want to read the link about caffeine, above.

A day without snark from Bustednuckles is like a day without sunshine.

It's not too late to enjoy some holiday recipes courtesy of The General.

And I thought I'd seen a lot of movies in my life.

The great Driftglass on the sudden ubiquity of Larry Johnson.

Sorry, but a Democratic President doesn't get a free pass. Between the "sharp-dressed man" and this, I want to know what the fuck is going on in this country.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Anonymous tsisageya said...
We are an insulated, ignorant, elitist people.

Considering the fact that every airplane, every house, every letter of the Constitution, every history that we tell ourselves, lands flat square upon the dead backs of the Native Indian, we're sitting in pretty good clover, actually.

Aren't we?

Don't worry, be happy?