"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, December 27, 2009

New Years Blogrolling
Posted by Jill | 7:39 AM
I know it's a bit early for Blogroll Amnesty Day, but I've noticed in recent weeks that my blogrolling has stagnated more than a bit. I'm missing a lot of worthy blogs, and giving primo real estate to blogs that haven't been updated in a long time.

I can't really blame people for giving up, or taking a break. It's a lot harder blogging after your team wins and still finds a way to blow it. It's kind of like this year's 2-27 New Jersey Nets, except that even the Nets have won two games and not just given them to the other team anyway just so they can stay completely unvictorious. So I understand just giving up in despair, as many bloggers, including our beloved Jon Swift, seem to have done. The problem is that it's hard to know who's given up, who's experiencing a real-life crisis, who just needs a break, and who just doesn't give a shit anymore.

So as we head into the new year, you'll see some changes in the blogroll. Anyone who hasn't posted in three months or more will be split off into a new archival blogroll. Because this blog uses a 3rd party template instead of one of Blogger's "plug and play" templates, I don't have access to Blogger's widgets, so I'll have to come up with another way to keep these blogs available but not taking up space that can be devoted to some of the other blogs I've missed. But stay tuned, changes are coming.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
2 Comments:
Anonymous Comrade PhysioProf said...
I just don't give a shit anymore, but for some reason I keep blogging!

Blogger Sharon said...
There's something about blogging that gives you satisfaction specially when you get the attention of your desired readers.

Tracy, Status Now