"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, August 27, 2009

Shit My Dad Says: The Collected Verse of Justin's Dad
Posted by Jill | 6:45 AM
From Hoffmania we found out about Justin, whose Twitter profile reads: "I'm 28. I live with my 73-year-old dad. He is awesome. I just write down shit that he says".

Marc Maron isn't the only Twitter poet around:

Don't touch the bacon,
it's not done yet.
You let me handle the bacon, and i'll let you handle..
what ever it is you do.
I guess nothing.

Your mother made a batch of meatballs last night.
Some are for you, some are for me,
but more are for me.
Remember that.
More. Me.

Your brother brought his baby over this morning.
He told me it could stand.
It couldn't stand for shit.
Just sat there.
Big let down.

The dog is not bored,
it's a fucking dog.
It's not like he's waiting for me to give him a fucking rubix cube.
He's a god damned dog.

Why would i want to check a voicemail on my cell phone?
People want to talk to me, call again.
If i want to talk to you, I'll answer.


I think Justin's dad deserves to go viral.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Blogger Mattttt said...
Thank you! These are lovely. Almost William Carlos Williams-like in their...umm...frankness?